dsinnett

Will this work for making paint masks

Hello everyone,

I have been lurking around for awhile and I think I am ready to pull the trigger.  I was to get a cutter so that I can make paint masks for spraying designs/logos on game boards.  Stencils will generally be about 18"x18".  I will eventually get into cutting decals but for the time being I will mostly be making stencils.

This is what I have in my cart:

Speedball

Not sure on what cutting software is compatible with mac, not all of it is so double check on that.

Paint mask is good, I recommend r-tape for transfer tape (never had any experience with the greenstar though so it might be just as good, I just know r-tape is the best I've used).

Roller applicator is a waste of money unless you are doing rivets and such IMO.  Squeegees work for flat surfaces much better.

Not sure on what cutting software is compatible with mac, not all of it is so double check on that.

Paint mask is good, I recommend r-tape for transfer tape (never had any experience with the greenstar though so it might be just as good, I just know r-tape is the best I've used).

Roller applicator is a waste of money unless you are doing rivets and such IMO.  Squeegees work for flat surfaces much better.

+1  have never used the greenstar -so I stay with what I kinow

Roller applicator is a waste of money unless you are doing rivets and such IMO.  Squeegees work for flat surfaces much better.

+1  have never used the greenstar -so I stay with what I kinow

+2 for the r-tape

Guest Marek

I just ordered the greenstar vinyl and clear transfer today . I'll let you know how it is in a few days .

I actually use the greenstar paper app tape as an airbrush paint mask because they don't stick very well, makes it super easy to peel off.