Sign in to follow this  
jwalters69

Siser Material lifting after washing

Hello.  I am trying to make a few t-shirts for myself.  I used the siser material.  Made my design, cut nice, weeded nice.  Ironed on with a hand iron.  Looked great.  About 15 minutes later turned the shirt inside out and placed in washer.  When it was done washing about half the letters lifterd.  Does this mean I did not heat up enough?  The t-shirt was an old t-shirt (it was clean).  I used as a test before I cut the large pattern.

Did I not apply enough heat?  Can you apply too much heat?

Does it matter if the shirt was not new?

Any suggestions would be great.

thanks

Jim

Jim you are going to have a hard time getting the vinyl to stick with a hand iron. Pobably not haot enough or enough pressure.

The siser material is designed to be set with a heat press.

Hello.  I am trying to make a few t-shirts for myself.  I used the siser material.  Made my design, cut nice, weeded nice.  Ironed on with a hand iron.  Looked great.  About 15 minutes later turned the shirt inside out and placed in washer.  When it was done washing about half the letters lifterd.  Does this mean I did not heat up enough?  The t-shirt was an old t-shirt (it was clean).  I used as a test before I cut the large pattern.

Did I not apply enough heat?  Can you apply too much heat?

Does it matter if the shirt was not new?

Any suggestions would be great.

thanks

Jim

Definably the problem as you cannot control the heat and pressure over the entire graphic with a hand iron - look for a good press.  you can get a sunie for 259 with free shipping direct from their site

Thanks for the feedback.  I think I will bring the cut product to a local shop and get the t-shirt and have them press them on for me so that I can get these made.

Thanks!

Jim