Sign in to follow this  
prettybird

What kind of transfer tape works for the Oracal 631 metallic colors?

Hi, does anyone know what kind of transfer tape will work for the Oracal 631 Copper metallic and Gold metallic?  I have tried R-tape Apli tape 4075 and it's not working at all.  I have used the clear transfer tape that US Cutter sells and it doesn't really work for rolling and shipping. 

Someone told me the 4075 Conform R-tape works but is there a difference between 4075 conform and 4075 Apli tape?  (both in the R-tape)

Thanks!

Guest Schramm

I HATE :-[ R-Tape, that stringy, never sticks to the edges, too much tack at the beginning then never enough 3/4 the way crap need to re-evauate there formula IMO.  Personally since I have found Main Tape Perfectear I never buy anything else.  This tape is the best IMO on the market!  It lays flat perfectly, cuts without stringy parts, comes off clean and works great for all applications.  Comes in many tacks but my favorite part is that it lays down on even the parts without the vinyl still there (in otherwords NO EDGE CURLING!).  I buy all my tape from the guy on ebay now as you can order a large roll and he will cut it down for you to the size that you want.

I use the Clear R Conform on 631 Copper all the time.  Never had any problem with it.

I HATE :thumbsup: R-Tape, that stringy, never sticks to the edges, too much tack at the beginning then never enough 3/4 the way crap need to re-evauate there formula IMO.  Personally since I have found Main Tape Perfectear I never buy anything else.  This tape is the best IMO on the market!  It lays flat perfectly, cuts without stringy parts, comes off clean and works great for all applications.  Comes in many tacks but my favorite part is that it lays down on even the parts without the vinyl still there (in otherwords NO EDGE CURLING!).  I buy all my tape from the guy on ebay now as you can order a large roll and he will cut it down for you to the size that you want.

EXACTLY.   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: over a year ago I won a roll of Main perfect tear on  EBAY.  LOVED it and switched all my sizes gradually to it. From Conform R-tape.  I purchase my 48" logs from Jack Ripper associates on EBAY.  and he splits for free and even cheaper than R-tape.  and I get it next day delivery from Michigan.

http://cgi.ebay.com/48-X-300-VINYL-APPLICATION-TRANSFER-TAPE-PLOTTER_W0QQitemZ150431889355QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item23067077cb

Thanks for the input.  I have used Main tape before but I was getting complaints about it not working.  I will try to get a sample of it and try it again.  And I'll try to get a sample of the clear R conform to try too. 

Thanks!

I use Medium tack,,  on regular intermediate vinyl.  I mostly do full side vehicle graphics 8-12ft long and I have no problems and  the best thing, no complaints ever.

Thanks for the input.  I have used Main tape before but I was getting complaints about it not working.  I will try to get a sample of it and try it again.  And I'll try to get a sample of the clear R conform to try too. 

Thanks!

your tape all depends on what you are putting it on.  I remember you were having trouble with the 631,  but from reading what others use,  I believe the 631 needs a higher tack,  because it has a matte finish. 

What tack do you maintape people use? Medium or High?

I use mainly all 651, I want to try this maintape now since all I've used in R Tape.

Thanks!

your tape all depends on what you are putting it on.  I remember you were having trouble with the 631,  but from reading what others use,  I believe the 631 needs a higher tack,  because it has a matte finish. 

I use mainly the 631 and the 4075 Apli Tape has been working good for all the colors except the metallics. (I haven't noticed any stringy stuff on it that was mentioned?)  We have a sign shop near by that sells oracal and they sell main tape and they were trying the main tape on the metallic colors and couldn't get it to work either.  They couldn't get any transfer tape to work with the metallic colors either except they finally found one that they thought would work (I forgot what it's called) but I couldn't get it to work so we took it back. 

Does anyone know if there is a difference between the R tape 4075 Apli Tape and the R tape 4075 Conform tape?  Someone told me it's the same stuff and some say it's different. 

Thanks!

Guest Schramm

I use Main tape for everything!  I use Oracal 631 for all wall graphics and love using medium tack Main tape perfetear.  I never sweat it with main tape!