Sign in to follow this  
cjj98xj

Does this look right

Guest Terry

Yes it does, but the web site needs a bit of a touch up on shadow, could just be the original picture was missing the outline though. Looks good!

It should cut fine.  I don't see anything that would cause you any problems.

For your first trace you did really good!  :well done:

It's for my local 4x4 club.  The president created the logo.  I'm thinking it would look better if he touched up some areas as well.  The overall sticker size is around 3.5"x8".  Is this going to be too intricate to cut at that size range on a 12" cutter?

Nope! :woohoo:

Sweet.  Thanks a ton guys.  I'll post some pics when I finally get it cut.  Waiting on some vinyl to come in.

The TM might give you a little grief.  At 12" wide the inside of the TM is going to be about .18".  Pretty small to cut.  The rest is good

nice...

I would talk them into dropping the WWW however.

it cause me emotional grief reading the URL. the WWW was a distraction and didn't anything important that the .COM did not already cover.

now a day the WWW is redundant in advertising.

Bill

Yes, www isn't really important these days.  It is so common that it is assumed.  But on an already established logo sometimes it is hard to get them to change.  I didn't cause me any emotional distress but it does seem to make it harder to read.

Well, I finally got the vinyl in and did a test cut.  For some reason, it's cutting an offset line on every cut.  It cuts the first pass , then comes back and cuts a second pass right next to the first.  The second pass is offset about .01".  Not really a huge deal other than the blade likes to get caught up on the first pass when making the intricate turns and whatnot.  It tends to pull the vinyl off the sheet.  Is this a function of the file I am cutting from, or a setting on my cutter?  It doesn't cut an offset line when I create a text and cut it direct from Signblazer. 

Well, after breaking apart the image and looking at all the pieces, you had a second layer that was used to create the outline.  I trimmed out the insides and welded it all together. 

Afterthought... I was assuming that you wanted hollow lettering as the image shows.  If not, I wasted a lot of time.  :thumbsup:

If you want white lettering with a black outline, will have to cut and layer the colors... but you won't be able to do that with the image I created for you.

U4x4C style -trimmed.eps

U4x4C style -trimmed.eps

you are correct.  We'll basically be having "hollow" letters here.  These primarily go on vehicle rear windows, so in essence, it ends up being a two-tone layered sticker due to most vehicles having tint on the rear windows.  Thanks for all your help. :you rock: