haumana

Previewing eps files in XP (as thumbnails)

Does anyone know how I can make my XP PC show me the actual thumbnail rather than the Adobe icon for my .eps graphics?

Not that I know of....But

You can down load "Irfanview" or XN view for free.

Search the net.

I have been using Irfanview for years.

mark-s

I don't know what program you are saving out of. If you are using illustrator when you save as an .eps a dialog box comes up and you have the option to include document thumbnails.

I don't know what program you are saving out of. If you are using illustrator when you save as an .eps a dialog box comes up and you have the option to include document thumbnails.

Ahhh... okay. Got it. Well at the moment, I currently use Vector Magic to vectorize my stuff, until I can get a handle on Inkscape. Strange thing though - I go use both a workstation and a laptop. If I use VM on my workstation, I can easily open the file in AI9, however, if I use VM on my laptop I can get an error about the file being unreadable (or something like that). Go figure.

i have microsoft picture it publishing 2002 version and it brings up most of my eps files, there are some that is doesn't, but i think it's because of the sights i got them from.

lue anne

Ahhh... okay. Got it. Well at the moment, I currently use Vector Magic to vectorize my stuff, until I can get a handle on Inkscape. Strange thing though - I go use both a workstation and a laptop. If I use VM on my workstation, I can easily open the file in AI9, however, if I use VM on my laptop I can get an error about the file being unreadable (or something like that). Go figure.

The difference between success on your workstation and laptop may be related to lack of RAM or the processors themselves.

If you choose at some point to go with Irfanview, it helps to additionally download the Ghostscript plug-in.

Old topic but I just downloaded the trial version of ST Thumbnails Explorer and it seems to work very good.  Not free, it is $29.95.  It will display:

(AI, AIT, CDR (incl. X4), CDT (incl. X4), CMX, CCX, PAT (incl. X4), CPT, CLK, CSL (incl. v5.0), CMV, DES, INDD, FH7, FH8, FH9, FH10, FH11, FT8, FT9, FT10, FT11, XAR, ART, WEB, CNV, CV5, CVX, TPL, WMF, EMF, EPS, BMP, RLE, DIB, JPG, JPE, JPEG, JFIF, GIF, PNG, TIF, TGA, ICB, VDA, VST, WCN, PDD, PCD, BGA, DCX, PCX, DSF, DRW, WPG, CDX, CPX, CGM, SVG, SVGZ, PCP, PCT, PICT, DXF, DWG, PLT, HGL, FMV, GEM, PIC, VSD, MET, NAP, PPF, FPX, SCT, CT, IMG, PP4, PP5, MAC, CAL, WI, WVL, XPM, XCF, RIF, SHW, MDI, PCC, BMF, ICO, CUR, PTR, AVI, PSD, EPI, EPSF, EPSI, J2C, J2K, JP2, JPC, PNM, PPM, PGM, PDF, PS, PRN, RAS, DDS, HTM, HTML, SHTML and others).

Just playing around it displays every format that I have found on my computer.  It displays in a windows explorer type interface so it is easy to work with.  Thumbnail size can be adjusted to however small or large you want to view the files.  http://www.softfields.com/downe.php

Just another option to view all these files that we have to deal with.