Sign in to follow this  
Jeffrey06

Arch a Image for cutting

I've googled, tried, etc..

I'm looking, for example, to arch an image down so it will contour to a windshield but I have yet to figure it out. I've tried with photoshop, flexi, and inkscape.

I can do text, I'm just trying to figure out how to do an whole image.

Any insight would be nice.  :huh:

I've googled, tried, etc..

I'm looking, for example, to arch an image down so it will contour to a windshield but I have yet to figure it out. I've tried with photoshop, flexi, and inkscape.

I can do text, I'm just trying to figure out how to do an whole image.

Any insight would be nice.  :huh:

Didn't you get a book with your Adobe Illustrator?  Mine is over an inch thick,  I have CS2

You need the dip distance from the middle of the windshield and just do a curve path, from there you can build up what you need.

in SBE click on

manipulate

distort

bezier

then move the nodes so they fit what you need

make sure the entire image is converted to outlines instead of text...then click OBJECT/Envelope distort/Make with warp...then use ARC and select preview and move the slider to get what you want....Make sure before you attempt to cut it...that you select it and click OBJECT/EXPAND or it will not cut.

make sure the entire image is converted to outlines instead of text...then click OBJECT/Envelope distort/Make with warp...then use ARC and select preview and move the slider to get what you want....Make sure before you attempt to cut it...that you select it and click OBJECT/EXPAND or it will not cut.

Perfect!

Thanks everyone!

no no no lol

we did one on a race car didnt know how to do it so we just tried it straight

it was layered black accross the top of the winshield and then white letters on top of the solid black

we didnt arch it at all and it turned out perfect i was wondering the same thing but no arch is needed it contours great

no no no lol

we did one on a race car didnt know how to do it so we just tried it straight

it was layered black accross the top of the winshield and then white letters on top of the solid black

we didnt arch it at all and it turned out perfect i was wondering the same thing but no arch is needed it contours great

This is for a 2010 Camaro. Luckily my brother has one, and they have a major curve on top of the windshield. So I've measured and it looks to be about  1 1/4" in drop in the middle for it to contour right all the way around the window. I'm going to cut a few different ones to see what works best.

let us know what ya end up doing if i can find the pics i will post the one that we did

let us know what ya end up doing if i can find the pics i will post the one that we did

Yep, I hope to try this weekend.