Sign in to follow this  
GuerillaGrafix

Chrome Vinyl Cutting Help

Sup World,

I am needing help cutting chrome vinyl. I have a 12" USCutter MH Series and purchased chrome vinyl to cut out small decals for an audio installer. I purchased the vinyl from http://www.hhsignsupply.com/productcart/pc/Chrome-Vinyl-c361.htm and I included a picture of my set up. The problem I am having is the vinyl sliding across the tracks and messing up the alignment of the cut images.

I put the speed of the vinyl cutter at the lowest point and made sure it was aligned properly. I think it is because of the rigidness of the vinyl roll and it getting stuck and bunching up on the desktop the cutter is sitting on . Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks,

Nigel

Guerilla Grafix

2a8rm75.jpg

You really need to make sure that the vinyl has an unobstructed path to feed in and out of your machine, if it hits anything while being fed in and out that could upset tracking.

Also a good idea not to let the cutter pull the chrome vinyl off the roll as it cuts.  The resistance can misalign things.  Also, make sure your blade is nice and sharp - that chrome can dull it in a hurry.

Guest YHC

Plus, if your vinyl is binding causing it to rise within the cutting area it can cause the vinyl to hit the blade when you don't want it to.

all great suggestions! remember the chrome will dull that blade very very quickly - good time to try a cleancut- personally I always have a second holder with a slightly used blade for chromes and reflectives

Thank you all! Most of those suggestions helped the problem, but I am most likely going to wait until I get the 24in with the stand, since it will be easier to feed and I believe to be more sturdy. I would be cutting hundreds of these decals, so might as well do it the right way. Thanks for the tip about the blades.

Nigel