Sign in to follow this  
theccinc

cut and print on laserpoint going to pull my hair out

ok I can 8.5 x 11 fine.. but I need to do larger sizes.. and for the life of me i cannot figure it out.. I print my file in signblazer.. I set up my size as 22x17 setup printer 22x17 and print.. now when i go to print cut it default my size to 8.5 x 11.. In set up on that screen it says vinyl size is 22 x17 but screen still show 8.5 11... I would love to know if it is even possible to print cut a bigger size.. i surely hope so it is the only reason i bought this cutter.

Thanks, Lisa

Guest YHC

Its been a few since I used SB but if I remember right. You should be able to open/import your image. Then select it, then at the bottom you should see Object size. Change this to what size you are wanting to cut in. Then click button that says "cutter" on top bar. When the new screen pops up it should still be in the size you changed it to.

That pink box when first opening the software is for designing purpose only. Setting the size of that just gives you someting to compare how it would fit on what your planing on placing your work on.

Hope this helps ;)

when i switch to cut a print the object selected is the size but grayed out but workspace is still 8.5 by 11.

man I was hoping that was the fix.

Guest YHC

Sounds like you are trying to cut a bitmap file which it cant do. You will have to change it into a vector image. What are you trying to cut? Image, Text, Both?

I deleted the image when trying to cut in print cut only the outline of the vector is there.. I double checked that it was a vector by hitting edit node and all the little points came up.. so the only thing i have up when i try to cut is just the vector outline.

if I hit just plain cut the size is correct on there. but I am trying to to cut and print and line up on the laser point.