Sign in to follow this  
cjmorey

Converting files to SignBlazer

I would like to cut some images that I made in CorelDraw X3 and I would like to cut them in SignBlazer, what is the best file format to put them in to be cut in SignBlazer. Any help would be great thanks.

Not meaning to hijack a thread here, but I'm having a problem related specifically to this topic, so I'll tag on here. My apologies mod, if you want me to start a unique thread I will.

I'm trying to work with .eps files and doing conversions into SignBlazer myself. In the beginning all was well, but now that I'm exposing myself to a broader quantity of EPS files, I find that more are failing to open than do.  Are there compatibility issues, etc?  I'm having problems with inkscape opening the same .eps files, for what it's worth.... oddly enough, many of them are files I downloaded from the forums here, that others are opening with success (I guess).  Any tips?

yes there is a few things - i have posted this before but i will try to go into a little more detail

compatibility issues - short answer is yes - but there are many things you can try to work around this use different software - there is inkscape very popular in this forum but there is a few problems with it. EPS files some work some dont i think its how eps files gets saved diffrent ver. of diffrent software it doesnt like -- kinda like word - you can save a word doc in a different version its still a *.doc but a newer doc cant be opened in older software unless it is saved to be opened in that version

another one hasnt been noticed yet but  i have posted a little about it ---- SK1 very good i haven't used the windows version but the linux version is very nice

SK1 has plug ins that will allow you to open AI files and CDR files - very powerful software

another thing is coral draw - can save files as HPGL raw you can save it like that then open it in inkscape. you will loose all color. HPGL is what is sent to your cutter.  it will be a clean line drawing

another thing if you open an EPS file in inkscape and you dont get an error but there is nothing on your page either try ---- click mouse button on the page (to select it ) then hit ctrl A at the same time - that will high light everything if you then see a box but nothing in it the there is something there but there is no fill and there is no stoke click on stroke and add it -- then it will appear

hope this helps

everything here that was posted can be dont in windows - i use linux there is more features that i prefer - but each to there own

pic 1 is a file i just got and it opened like this

pic 2 i selected all and then added stroke -- it was there but you cant see it

pic 3 is a screen shot of SK1

o ya another thing that i want to add is instead of eps files - PDF and PS files can be cut too - so if your having problems with eps you can try to save or get a diffrent copy in pdf or ps

post-4970-1298655202659_thumb.png

post-4970-1298655202868_thumb.png

post-4970-12986552029699_thumb.png

post-4970-12986552038585_thumb.png

post-4970-1298655203939_thumb.png

post-4970-12986552040212_thumb.png