Sign in to follow this  
pyrophire

Clogged magenta on Epson 1100 CIS?

So I printed some stuff yesterday and everything came out great, today I was asked to print some photos of my cousin and I sent them to the printer. I look over and half ways through the 3rd photo the magenta just stops. The tanks still have ink in them but it seems that its not making it way to the cart or the head is clogged. I ran the clean head nozzle thing and the magenta still is blank when it prints the test. Is there a reason why the magenta ink isnt making its way to the cart and paper?

When you click on the printer settings and look at the ink levels is that screen showing them  all full, could it have run out inside the machine in which case you have to hit the reset button inside the machine and refill the empty one ?  I am pretty new with mine so just something to check.  hope it helps

When you click on the printer settings and look at the ink levels is that screen showing them  all full, could it have run out inside the machine in which case you have to hit the reset button inside the machine and refill the empty one ?  I am pretty new with mine so just something to check.  hope it helps

It shows them as a bit over half full so I dont think its that, when i did the nozzle clean test thing the magenta one was blank, so it seems to me that the ink isnt getting to the cart for some reason.

yeah maybe your right did you buy it from Richard  (cobra inks) even if you didnt he is a great guy I have his email if you don't I would email him and he will probably have you call him on the phone and help you out.  Thats what I would do anyway.

yeah maybe your right did you buy it from Richard  (cobra inks) even if you didnt he is a great guy I have his email if you don't I would email him and he will probably have you call him on the phone and help you out.  Thats what I would do anyway.

Yea I got his emails a few minutes ago, said there might be air in the system from shipping so I did a few clean cycles and it seems to be working now. Didnt expect a reply from him until tomorrow or maybe even Tuesday, being zombie jesus day and all. Great guy.

Thats great I figured he would answer you right away guy is great and glad to see you are up and running.  Nice to store that info in the back of my head also...