Sign in to follow this  
racejunkie

LAZER CUTTER QUIT CUTTING.. DIPLAY SAYS USCUTTER 630

I changed the vinyl on my cutter then in quit working. On the display is reads Ver5.00 00000256 then USCUTTER 630.

Any ideas?

It was working fine up to that point.

Racejunkie,

Can you give a bit more information? You said you changed the printer on your cutter... that doesn't really make sense to me.

~Is this the Creation PCut machine (white-ish beige?)

~What software are you using?

~What Operating sytem?

~Did it work fine before?

You should always start trouble shooting communications issues between your PC and your cutter by checking the com port settings.. see bellow. If that doesn't work (assuming it's a creation pcut), you need to download and re-install the FTDI driver from our site: http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=32&nav=0

STEP 1- Navigate to the "Device Manager" on your computer. (if you're using XP you can get there via: Start, Control Panel, then click System, then click on the Hardware tab. Vista/7 click the windows orb, then control panel, then Device Manager) You should see a listing named ports if you have the cutter turned on and plugged in to the PC. Expand the '+' or the arrow symbol to see what is listed under Ports. You should see something like "Communications Port (Com1)" and "ECP Printer Port (LPT1)". If you have your cutter connected with a USB cable you'll see something like USB serial device (COM"x"). Double check which com port the PC has assigned it by unplugging the cutter from the computer. You should see the Port disappear. Plug it back in; the one that reappears is the cutter's COM port.

STEP 2- This is more dependent upon the software you're using, ie: Flexi, SignCut, SignBlazer; but the principle is the same. You have to make sure that the Com port you're program is SENDING the cut jobs out on, is the same one that you computer has issued to the cutter- the one listed in the device manager. So if in Device Manager, USB serial device (COM3) appeared when you plugged in the cutter you want the software's "output device" to be set to the same port. In SignBlazer this can be found by clicking the "Cutter" button at the top of the screen, then the "Set Up" button. The cutter listed should be yours, and the com port should match the Device Manager.

Good luck!

Sorry...I didn't proof read before I sent the post.

I have;

Laser Cutter

Signblazer

XP

COM4 USB cable

It was working great until I tried cutting a number with three layers. I cut the first color then went to change the vinyl for the next cut then the cutter died.

Thanks Pat.

Follow the instructions I posted above (all still apply) and let me know the result.

I think it is a hardware issue. I noticed half the screws are missing in the left cover and one of the two that is still there is rounded off so I can't get the cover off to see if the safety stop switch came unplugged. I have a feeling this cutter had a problem before it was shipped since it took an extra week for them to ship it out to me.

I keep forgetting to add that it won't go to jog mode anyother mode. The dispaly reads;

Ver 5.00

USCutter 630