Sign in to follow this  
champkrt1

Need advice-Which machine to buy? Primary use-Race Car lettering

Hi,  I am wanting to purchase a machine to primarily do vinyl lettering and numbering for our 2 car race team, and hopefully make a little side money doing some for other teams.  Of course, this is a budget operation and every penny counts, so what machine would someone here recommend?    And if the investment is worth the price difference, would upgrading to a Copam Cp Series over a MH series be worth the additional expense?  the little bit I do know from talking to some of the folks I know in the buisness, a 24" machine should be okay for the job, do you guys and gals agree?

Looking forward to everyones point of view. 

Thank you!

I bought my copam to do our race cars and it has been great had it running 1 hour or so after it was delivered and the only problems I have had with it have been user error . I have already done 1 other modified and just got some sticker orders and maybe a camper redo at our local race car show tonight .I

would download signblazer and inkscape and start practicing with them now if you are going to buy a cutter because it takes a little time to learn but not to bad. Good Luck     

Hi,  I am wanting to purchase a machine to primarily do vinyl lettering and numbering for our 2 car race team, and hopefully make a little side money doing some for other teams.  Of course, this is a budget operation and every penny counts, so what machine would someone here recommend?    And if the investment is worth the price difference, would upgrading to a Copam Cp Series over a MH series be worth the additional expense?   the little bit I do know from talking to some of the folks I know in the buisness, a 24" machine should be okay for the job, do you guys and gals agree?

Looking forward to everyones point of view. 

Thank you!

I have the refines, and they cut great and I have served me very very well, but some people have had some problems lately, and I believe its a small percentage that is having problems with cutting wavy lines, but thats an issue you have to think about.  The great thing about a refine is you can get the 871 that will do 30" rolls of vinyl for not much more money than the 24", and I know its only 6 inches difference in width....but that extra width has come in handy for me alot.

All that said....if you can swing the money a copam is probably worth it, its a better machine.  Both working machines will letter a racecar just fine though.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I bought my copam to do our race cars and it has been great had it running 1 hour or so after it was delivered and the only problems I have had with it have been user error . I have already done 1 other modified and just got some sticker orders and maybe a camper redo at our local race car show tonight .I

would download signblazer and inkscape and start practicing with them now if you are going to buy a cutter because it takes a little time to learn but not to bad. Good Luck