Sign in to follow this  
lonestarcountrymusic

Problem with Orcacal

Does anyone else have a problem where if you cut and then let the vinyl sit a day or 2 and then come back to weed it and it will not weed properly?  Say it sits then i come to weed it in a few days it seems as if the adhesive has reconected itself and it sticks to everything. (everything as if the vinyl has not cut all the way through) But if you weed it right away its not a problem.

anyone else with this issue?

Nope, not unless I didn't cut all the way through the first time.

But then again, I have never cut something and let it sit except maybe once.

Sounds like to me you have too much blade out.

For me, the machines cut better with less blade, more force.  Unless you are running clean cut brand blades.....you should be in the neighborhood of 100 grams in my opinion.  With clean cuts I am running at 80 grams, and they are much sharper than stock blades and require less pressure.

Your goal when setting up your cutter.......is to have the blade barely out far enough so when it is cutting its riding on the collar of the blade holder, and barely grazing the backing paper. 

Not sure what you mean by the "older" touching the outside....if you meant the outer, in other words the collar of the blade holder...yes it should ride against the vinyl while cutting.

Start at 1/2 the thickness of a credit card, and pesonally I think thats too much too, you should BARELY see it sticking out of the blade holder.

I use 2 MH871's and both cut 651 at 40 grams perfectly.  2 cents.

That's what I cut at also. Works well.

Wow....either the different pressure settings on the MH exerts different pressures on different machines, or the blades on your machines must be way farther out than mine.

I wonder how much difference there is between machines.

Guest YHC

Must be allot because I cut with my LP at 100-105 when cutting 651. I knew the blade should barley stick out but never heard that the holder should be riding on the vinyl. Will have to look into this and see how mine rides with my setting.

Wow....either the different pressure settings on the MH exerts different pressures on different machines, or the blades on your machines must be way farther out than mine.

Mine is sticking out less than a credit card. Actually it's just barley out.