Sign in to follow this  
swissers

SignBlazer and PC-600 Stopping 1/2 way through job

I am working with SBE Release 6.0.21 with a Roland PC-600 and have been running into some issues with the cutting function not working for me all the time.

I imported an eps vector image into signblazer, then made my outline in signblazer and hit cut.  My image cut out fine, but when I selected the outline, it showed that it sent to the PC-600, but wouldn't cut it out.  

This happened to me tonight on 2 separate images.  I even started over deleting everything and imported all over again.  The other background I was trying to cut was just a simple rectangle which I created in SB.  

I went all routes, checked my cables, rebooted my system, recreated my images, outlines/backgrounds and nothing.  I have spent the last 4 1/2 hrs trying to figure out why I can't get a simple rectangle to cut, but the detailed lettering and images cut just fine.

I really appreciate all your time and efforts in helping me out with this.  

I know that for the one project I could just use a straightedge and a blade to make my rectangle, but that won't solve my issues on more detailed backgrounds and outlines.

Stacy.

P.S.  I have already created some nice decals for my son with this machine, so I know they work in conjunction with one another.  It just seems that I can get 1/2 my job cut then it just stops working.

I am still playing with this issue of not cutting backgrounds out, but have found out that if I change the color of the background to another color that I'm cutting in the same file, it will cut it out.  Also, I was working on a boarder that wouldn't cut that was created in SBE, and that one I took to Corel Draw 9, created a cutline (as per the RCC ColorCAMM format; then took it back to SBE importing as an eps file, it will cut out that cutcontour line so that I can create my shadows/boards and backgrounds.

This does really seem like the long way around to achieve my goals.  Just thought I'd update you and if anyone has any other suggestions I could try, I'm more than willing to try them out.

Stacy.

when you get to the cut screen, look in the upper left. you may not have your background selected for cutting.

bb

Stacy,

Part of your problem is that SBE is not configured to work with Roland equipment. We don't even include SBE with Roland machines when we sell them. They come with thier own software.

Thank you both for your responses.  I do have background selected when I hit cut, and it will work if I separate the background from the image in my workspace.  And other times it does work just fine. 

I received the RCC Colorchoice program with my Roland, and I do also have a Pcut 24" cutter and that is what the SB came with.  I was trying to make it easier on my husband to do things himself by trying to just have him utilize SB, since he has experience with that program.

I have found a way to do it for now with using the cutcontour lines in the Corel draw 9 and exporting my eps images.

Stacy.