Sign in to follow this  
SheriS

Im considering the Copam 2500....

Hello everyone, I need some technical advice. I have spoken to several phone tech people at US Cutter, and have gotten a completely different answer each time I have called, and have yet to have my questions answered competently :thumbsup:. The main question, is can the Copam 2500 24" cutter have its material rollers adjusted to cut material smaller than 24" wide, and if so how small of a workpiece can it be adjusted to cut. Also, what kind of feedback can anyone give as to how good it has cut various materials other than vinyl, ie...cardstock, paper products, etc... Thanks in advance.

Hello everyone, I need some technical advice. I have spoken to several phone tech people at US Cutter, and have gotten a completely different answer each time I have called, and have yet to have my questions answered competently :thumbsup:. The main question, is can the Copam 2500 24" cutter have its material rollers adjusted to cut material smaller than 24" wide, and if so how small of a workpiece can it be adjusted to cut. Also, what kind of feedback can anyone give as to how good it has cut various materials other than vinyl, ie...cardstock, paper products, etc... Thanks in advance.

This picture may not be worth quite a thousand words due to it's quality...However it'll suffice. As you can see in addition to the roller at 24" (not shown) there are additional rollers spaced across the surface to allow cutting of intermediate widths. Haven't cut anything other than vinyl on this one in three years as I use a Graphtec for that. I believe others here have done it though. The Copam was a good value for the $.

post-622-12986551767456_thumb.jpg

post-622-12986551783703_thumb.jpg

Thanks a lot Edge. I have a smaller cutter that will cut up to 12", and my main concern is that between 12"-24" widths I might have a gap that I may not be able to accomodate width-wise to be able to cut with the Copam because of the intermittant rollers. Im assuming that as long as the width of material contacts one of the intermittant rollers it will feed into the cutter, yes!

Thanks a lot Edge. I have a smaller cutter that will cut up to 12", and my main concern is that between 12"-24" widths I might have a gap that I may not be able to accomodate width-wise to be able to cut with the Copam because of the intermittant rollers. Im assuming that as long as the width of material contacts one of the intermittant rollers it will feed into the cutter, yes!

With the spacing of the intermediate rollers on the Copam, all vinyl widths above a couple of inches thru 24" can be accommodated.

Ok, thats exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks again for the picture and info, you have been very helpful.

I had a copam on the way up to the graphtec and it was a great machine!  the first big jump in quality of cuts!

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I was hoping the Copam was a good entry level machine. From the research and reviews I had already seen and done about it, it looks to be what I am looking for in a first machine. Thanks for you replies.