Sign in to follow this  
firefighter1138

What sign substrate to use

New at this and have got a request for a outdoor sign.  Need help on what material I should use.  Will be 8 foot long and 16" tall and vinyl on both sides.  Will be mounted above a lighted sign.  Will be mounted to a brick post on each side, will be adding brackets to fit whatever material I use.  Needs to last 5yrs plus.  What would the experts suggest.  I also need to know type of material to use for sign mounted to metal building 24" tall X 6' long.  Long term.  The one mounted to the wall may or may not have a frame around the material depending what it looks like, prefer something that I wont need a frame.  Thanks in advance for all your help....

Jim

I would recomend using Alumalite or Dibond. Both will last, come in many colors, can be cut to size with a jigsaw or plywood blade on a circular saw, and have edge trim you can buy to match or offset sign colors.

Good luck,

Pete G

Thank you very much for replying, I was beginning to think there would be no response.  I did do a lot of research on the different brands and types of materials and the Alumalite is what I went with.  I worked great and my supplier cut to order so that made it even easier.

Thank You

Jim