Sign in to follow this  
Daniel T

downloading graphics

occasionally i download a .eps graphic from this forum and save it in a special folder. whenthe graphic is imported into corel, all i get is a grey square with a printed message inside containing the file name and the program of origin. can anyone help me to turn this into a usable, cuttable graphic? thank you,  daniel t

Got an example that we can analyze.  I've seen that before but I didn't mess with it.  I thought it had something to do with not including the image header but I tried exporting an image without the header and it still showed up fine.  So, I guess that isn't it.  Anyway, give me an example and I'll have a look at it.

i can't get to the specific file today but everything i download from brandsoftheworld.com have the same result.

i'm using windows XP, Corel 12, thanks for the help,  daniel t

if you have all images selected or EPS-Encapsulated PostScript,  selected sometimes the boxes and messgae will appear.. if so

select (PS, PRN, EPS-PostScript Interepted) this should work,

Hello,

When Corel does this, display an EPS file as a grey rectange this means that Corel cannot import the file.

There is a trick with Corel 12 and X3 which is undocumented.

Use open to import (instead of import) an EPS file if this happens.

This forces Corel to use the full PostScript interpreter.

Try it!

If it still displays a grey rectangle with the file name that means it must be a CS2 or CS3 EPS files.

Oh, we have found out that the ONLY program in the whole world today (December 4, 2007) that can open an Illustrator CS3 EPS file is Illustrator CS3.

Nothing else will open such an EPS file.

Now that is clever isn't it?

Next year's release of SignBlazer will open these files.

Jerry from SignBlazer.

Thank you all so very much. i am now able t open these pesky files.  YOU guys rock!!!!!!! take car, Daniel T