Sign in to follow this  
DeviantGeek

Flag Type and magnets

I have a customer wanting to do some flags. I saw a couple places online that sell blanks. but they are nylon. i will probably be looking for something printed or ill be using siser. can i heat transfer this type of vinyl on nylon? or i should ask, what is the best material to transfer onto in that kind of situation?

now for the magnets

dude also wants magnets with his business logo on it to give to his customers. can they be printed on then pretty much contour cut around the print? i already know my cutter will score the magnet enough so that i can finish it off with an xacto. if they cant be printed on ill just cut out the outline of his logo and vinyl the rest.

ultimately im going to look at my choices and decide whether or not to get all this prunted or not. if thats the case i will sub it out to someone on here if thats ok  :thumbsup:

Regular siser easyweed is recommended for cotton, poly, and all cotton poly blends.  Nylon normally uses a different type of vinyl....most manufacturers have it.

Thanks for the clarification on the flags. But what about the printable heat transfer. Honestly I searched for flag blanks and all I could find were nylon.

The magnet issue I couldn't find a definite answer too. I'm sorry. I just want to be definite before I commit to the job.

If you look at the specs of any given product...it will tell you what fabrics and blends it can be used with....I would start there.

One of the other guys who runs wide formats will have to answer about the magnets.

I did 15 flags for a school gymnasium with Tflex Xtra and they turned out awesome.  I couldn't find anything but 100% nylon flags either.  I paid $15 each for hunter green 3'x5' flags with a white hem and grommets on one end from Georgia Flag Company or something.

The local flag shop was charging them by the letter, they were wanting almost $500 each for most of them, sports teams, years, championships, etc.  lol.

go to vistaprint.com for your mags i cant find any place cheaper. all you have to do is make the graphic and up load it. and the will print as many as you want. we just used them for our business cards and we got 1750 for 55.00. thats with us loading up our own design. or better idea get ahould of james605 on here and im sure he can hook you up.

I've been doing magnets on the versacamm and I think I can match or beat vistaprint's prices on their magnets.  Unless I'm not reading their prices right.

Harm

I did 15 flags for a school gymnasium with Tflex Xtra and they turned out awesome.   I couldn't find anything but 100% nylon flags either.   I paid $15 each for hunter green 3'x5' flags with a white hem and grommets on one end from Georgia Flag Company or something.

The local flag shop was charging them by the letter, they were wanting almost $500 each for most of them, sports teams, years, championships, etc.  lol.

$500 sounds like a good deal (too bad you cant have a smartass font  :( )

thanks for the info. ill have to check that place out and i did look at the tflex xtra. i saw it on bestblanks.com. im still learning as to where to get stuff from

go to vistaprint.com for your mags i cant find any place cheaper. all you have to do is make the graphic and up load it. and the will print as many as you want. we just used them for our business cards and we got 1750 for 55.00. thats with us loading up our own design. or better idea get ahould of james605 on here and im sure he can hook you up.

problem with that is i need like a custom magnet shape like printed then contour cut or cut in the specific shape then put vinyl over it.

I've been doing magnets on the versacamm and I think I can match or beat vistaprint's prices on their magnets.  Unless I'm not reading their prices right.

Harm

would you be willing to talk a little more about that? its still in the air right now about the job but id still like to get an idea so i can give the guy a ballpark price and to learn a little bit in the process.