Sign in to follow this  
Dirt Racer X

Another newbee

I've been racing dirt cars for about 25 years. at $300 to $500 a pop for graphics I've decided to do my own stuff. I have a few questions first.

What software will do a good job on graphics. The guys I've seen do alot of manipulating in their art work. The second you tell them your getting your own they wont tell you a thing.

What width of cutter should I get 24" or 36"?

I'm only going to be doing 3 or 4 cars so what machine would you recomend?

Also how do you tell what your buying when it comes to vinyl. Most bodies don't last 3 months so

durability is not an issue. But I don't want it comming off when rubbed on either.

I appreciate all input.

Todd

Get the affordable MH Refine series, they are a great learning cutter, get ahold of a copy of illustrator or use something similar with signcut. I have the 36" but I only use 24" vinyl, so a 24" cutter will be fine. Right now im using 3M because its what my local supplier has but I will be switching over to Oracal 651, it will be perfect what you need it for.

You say you will only be doing 3 or 4 cars, but you will get the hang of it and realize you can do a lot of work :thumbsup:

I got my cutter on ebay for $330 from uscutter's account, $100 less than listed on the site so I'm sure you can find a good price.

Get the affordable MH Refine series, they are a great learning cutter, get ahold of a copy of illustrator or use something similar with signcut. I have the 36" but I only use 24" vinyl, so a 24" cutter will be fine. Right now im using 3M because its what my local supplier has but I will be switching over to Oracal 651, it will be perfect what you need it for.

You say you will only be doing 3 or 4 cars, but you will get the hang of it and realize you can do a lot of work :thumbsup:

I got my cutter on ebay for $330 from uscutter's account, $100 less than listed on the site so I'm sure you can find a good price.

+1