Sign in to follow this  
FatDad

where I've been

so i let some peeps know and now ill let you guys know too. So Ive been gone for a while and didn't want anyone to think i had fallen off a cliff or something. Around Christmas time we had a close relative that had been fighting flu like symptoms for about a month finally go to the doctor only to discover that it was cancer. From the time we found out till the time of his death was roughly 3 weeks. I just kinda went blah and didn't really know what i wanted to do in life. I quit taking orders and i still have projects left to get done. I pretty much wholesaled everything out and was like it is what it is and had no real ambition left. That was until my uncles wife mentioned that she had a friend looking to sell a business, a cupcake business. Now if anyone here has followed along with me i LOVE to cook so i jumped at it!! We are still in the process of going back and forth with lawyers etc but it look like I'm sitting at 99% chance of owning it. I am really excited and it seems this may be just what i need to get back in the saddle of life! If i get it SWEET if not i at least think I've gotten excited enough about soemthing's to get back in the swing of things.

Now here's where you guys come in we all know that its sucks coming up with your own logo and i really am drawing a blank. The business currently doesnt really have one. Let me give you some info on the place. the name is "the chocolate cheetah" it is a specialty bakery that deal in custom orders of cupcakes and other treats. Its main focus is cupcakes. the colors i have in mind are pink and brown along with some cheetah print but feel free to get creative. This logo will be used on everything from store front to stationary and everything in between. here is the website http://web.mac.com/shannonvolfson/iW...20Cheetah.html so what does the winning logo get, why cupcakes of course!! So here you guys go here's what I've been up too and now i need your help!!

heres my half ass attempt at a logo

cheetah.jpg

Guest fivestar

Glad to see you back FD, sorry about your relative's death.  As for the logo, I think you need something like Chester Cheetah.

Just saw a news story about how popular cupcakes has become a multi billion dollar industry, a couple sisters in northern VA, started in a small store front and now have multiple outlets and over a million dollars in annual sales so it may be a very sweet business transaction(pardon the pun).  also let me offer my condolences on your family's loss.

Dan

Ok folks its a go i just bought it!!!  Thanks for the kind words all!!

Guest kenya

FD, I'm very sorry for your loss.

You have a great start for your new logo.

Congrats on the new business.  :thumbsup:

Sorry for your loss also and good luck on the new adventure I like the logo as is maybe add chocolate chip cookies maybe as the Os jhelms

Sorry for your loss.... and glad to see you're picking yourself back up and able to focus on something fun!

Now, as for me, I'm a bit of a cupcake whore.  Really.  I baked 145 cupcakes 2 weeks ago because I wanted to try new recipes for icing.  Yeah.  Cupcake whore. 

Pink/brown are great colors for the name of the store.  I think I'll have to make a trip to visit....

I'll check out your link now... just wanted to reply to the post first.  Good luck!!!!