MattS

PIcked up X3

I just got X3 the other day and have been mainly playing around with the PowerTrace.  I have tried a few images with this and keep going back and doing them in Inkscape.  I am mainly doing images for vinyl cutting and it seems that Inkscape is working better.  Although PowerTrace is a little more detailed it seems like it could be better, I just can figure it out.  Plus I can't figure out how to manipulate the vector points.

So whats everyones opinion on tracing.  PowerTrace or Inkscape.

Matt

I downloaded a trial X3 last yr. I liked the trace much better than 12, but my day employer would swing to buy the upgrade long story any way since I got inkscape I've been more impressed w/ it, but I only had a 30 day trial for X3

I will personally pick up x3 when I can afford to spend extra, but it's way down my list, so for I'm happy using R12, inkscape and signcut 2 w/ my Copam, I can handle the majority of my work and the learning curve is behind me maybe

gg

I've got X3 and recently got Illustrator CS3 when i upgraded to the Design package. Corel so far seems easier to use but as i get to know Illustrator I'm liking it more and more. Live trace in Illustrator seems to work better than Corels trace.

I am a huge Coreldraw fan but my first choice to trace an image is Inkscape.  If Inkscape won't do it, then I'll mess with Coreltrace.