Sign in to follow this  
JLDesigns

Can I.....

I'm wanting to do a two color heat press on a sweatshirt jacket.  I was curious...the sweatshirt is a heather gray, and I want the image to be black and white.  The image looks like the explicit lyrics box with different words in it, black and white.  Now, instead of trying to line up the lettering 'inside' lettering...could I press a solid square of white onto the sweatshirt then press the black which will have the lettering and and such.  I'm using Easyweed....any suggestions would help. 

Yes, that would probably be the easiest, rather than weeding out the words and inserting the text.

I have layered three colors and it still looked great.

I am going to try a four layer this weekend, but I'm not to sure about it.  I think it's going to be too heavy.

Guest sciondrgn

You got it.. You wouldn't want to have the letters cut out of the white block in case of shrinking your letters would be off.. Ive done 3 colors on a sweatshirt before with no problems.

s640x480

and only heat the first color for 5 seconds, peel then add the second color - otherwise the first will shrink and you will never get them lined up

Guest fivestar

I only press every layer except for the last one for 2 seconds.