Sign in to follow this  
Mad Cow Ink

MH1351 via Serial Port COM1

I just stumbled across this forum, and hopefully someone can help me.

I have the previous model of the Refine MH1351 without the USB connection. It works perfectly on LPT1(set to ECP mode in system bios) however, I cannot get it to operate on the serial port. Does anyone know if there are some specific bios settings? Also, should the port settings flow ha control be set to Hardware, Xon/Xoff, or None? I have already tried from various software(Artcut,Signlab,Omega) using Generic HPGL driver and PNC1000 driver. Maybe the Baud Rate? Faulty serial port on plotter? I need my LPT port for another peripheral so any help with this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Normally the default settings of the serial port should work fine assuming that nothing has been changed around in the BIOS or driver settings. One thing you can try is reducing the baud rate on the plotter and make sure the serial device driver settings match. Also you could have a program running in the background that is trying to communicate over the serial port which would cause problems with the plotter communications. Try following these instructions in this post to remove startup programs and see if that helps.

http://uscutter.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=2&topic=258.0