Sign in to follow this  
android

New Copam 2500 problems

Hello I just recently purchased a copa, 2500 and installed signblazer. I ran 2 vinyl sheet measurements and it all seem well but the third one it reads the x axis well but the metal rollers seem to be stuck and cannot read the y so im afraid this thing broke not even 10 minutes using it.

Please let me know if this is a known problem if not so I can take my business elsewhere before I don't meet my deadline.

Thanks!

So you loaded a sheet and measured it 3 times, but the 3rd time it did not measure lengthwise?

double check and make sure you have sheet selected on the contol panel on the cutter, if you have scroll selected (which is default) it only reads the width of the material (if vinyl is loaded from rear)

yea did that i tried it and I always load it from the rear. It justs reads side to side then tries to read how long it is and moves like a cm and then quits.

Hmmm, when i 1st got my cutter I would try and cut everthing in sheets and pre measure everything, had a hard time keeping vinyl feeding straight, so here is the way I do it now and works much better for me:

load roll from back, align vinyl straight as possible, select measure, scroll, (this gives me my width) in sign cut 2 I select  preview (cut path selected to view in advance the cut pattern) then select testfeed then cut, by selecting testfeed it feeds the vinyl thru and I watch and make sure everthing is okay, if not I stop it, it okay I let it cut, so far so good

found this better than measuring lenght

hope this helps...

thanks man but what i meant to say is that i tried doing it like that as well and the metal rollers just dont move at all and it tries to cut but nothing and now nothing moves it justs makes a humming noise and stays in the same place.

If the eye that reads the material is not picking up the material, it will not measure lengthwise properly. I have seen this once before. If it does not measure the sheet lengthwise, there is no sense in trying to cut something, because as far as the cutter knows, you have a 2" length of material loaded if it was not measured properly.

I would make sure nothing is blocking either of the eyes, one towards the front, and one in the middle towards the right side of the cutter. If there is some crud blocking its ability to read wether or not material is present, a little cleaning might solve it.

well dude i've been trying to reach uscutters for a while now and nothing. The problem I'm guessing is internal because I cleaned the eyes with a qtip and well same thing. I've had it for less than 30 days and well I've been calling in order to return it and have left messages and nothing. If someone can give me a number I would appreciate it thanks!

If you call and I do not answer, it simply means I am on the other line assisting someone else, and I return all of my voicemails when time allows. If I do not call you right back after you leave a message, it could be that there were several other messages left before yours. Either way, I will be happy to assist. Is this Hugo? If so, I think we got you squared away. If not, shoot me a PM with your contact info., and I will get ahold of you.