I got my cutter last week and made a few cuts and it was working just fine for a couple of days. Today I put together 2 designs on one single file to cut them both. One cut just fine and the other cut all wrong. I'll attach what the wrong cuts look like, there are triangles all over the design. I made a large single letter, an R in Impact font and the corners of the R had the same triangle cut. The pictured design and R were two separate files. I have no idea whats going on, I hope the cutter isnt messed up within a week.

Speed is 24, Pressure is 70g

badcuts.JPG

looks like the blade is not lifting - have you created a support ticket yet?

No, I just started having the problem today and tried figuring out whats wrong thinking it was the design or software.

It does lift when I do the test cut. The 2 squares cut with no extra cuts along it but when its a design being sent to the cutter it has those triangles. I have just opened a support ticket.

What im wondering is why it cut half of the design right, then messed up the other half. Then cut a 2nd copy of the right design then mess up the 2nd half again... You would figure if the cutter isnt lifting that it would mess up the whole design, not just half of it.

for grins run a wire from your stand to a screw on the bottom of the plotter - could be if part is cutting ok and the other is not a static issue - they are bad this time of year

I have the wire attached now as of an hour ago, and its connected via USB.

I think I've figured out whats wrong though. The design that kept failing was vector text in illustrator that was just sent to signcut. The design that worked was a highres JPG that was made into vectors with LiveTrace and it worked. I saved the illustrator text design as a high res jpg, then reopened it, live trace and send to signcut. It cut perfectly.

ill update this on my support ticket.