dinki

Background graphics for hair bow holder

Hey guys, my wife saw some hair bow holders at a flea market today and was asking if I could make something for my daughter.  She liked what she saw but wanted one personalized.

If you don't know what a hair bow holder is, basically it's just a wooden plaque with a couple of long ribbons hanging from the bottom.  The hair bows and barrettes are clipped to the hanging ribbon.

I'd like to find some simple graphics to put on it.  Does anyone have any kind of simple polk-a-dots, hearts, flowers, cute animals or anything else that I could cut?  I'd like to keep it simple.  I would however like to use layered vinyl in two colors to make it look nice.  This is really just a background and the name will be the focal point.  I'm not sure what I want to do exactly so anything and everything is welcomed.

Thanks!

anyway you could snap a photo and post it I as many have a lot of things you could probably use but need a little more ideas and direction?

something like this I found on line?

Yes, it's very similar to that one (or at least how she described it).  I'm not the most creative person in the world so any ideas on how to 'jazz it up' would be way cool.  I'm thinking I can paint the board and then put the cut colored vinyl on top.  I will be sure to post the results too!

That's a cool idea.  Thanks!

I found a couple pictures with some other examples.

post-3170-12986550699815_thumb.jpg

post-3170-12986550700492_thumb.jpg

post-3170-1298655071299_thumb.jpg

post-3170-12986550713397_thumb.jpg