Sign in to follow this  
Truckntran

Compression vs kerning vs text spacing...???

Hi guys.. I am enjoying using Signblazer elements but have one feature I don't quite understand....How the heck do you uniformly space the letters if the original spacing is not what ya want?  I can go to node edit, but usually I am not as precise with the mouse as I'd like, and end up shifting up and down as well as sideways. I can cure that with a a guideline and moving gthe word up and down after I have kerned the text manually, but I bet there is something where it will do it for me??  In Dr Stika I could just enter a number in the text spacing box and there I go, but this doesn't seem to have that function. I have fooled around with compression but entering a number even .01 off from what is displayed usually results in bunching the letters up into one unrepairable mess.

So...what obvious solution am I missing???  WinxP computer BTW. Elements from the trial download is what I am using, have n't got to download full version quite yet.

When using node edit there are two boxes at the bottom outside corners of the text. If you drag the left one up or down it will adjust the line spacing equally. If you drag the right one left or right it will adjust the letter spacing (kerning) equally.

Jay