Sign in to follow this  
KCR87

VISTA/USB

I apologize before hand, but I'm PISSED. I've read the tabbed thread up top, no help.

I just got done cutting out 65% of my customers stuff, and then I noticed I had a alert in the bottom that my Windows needed a update, I updated it, and well went to start cutting again, nothing. No connectivity.

I got pissed with it and wheeled my stand and cutter and driver CD out to my other computer (desktop), installed the driver, and it worked. I transfered over SignCut and it worked right away.. got more of my cutting done, now I'm in for the night.

I transfered SignCut back over to my laptop now, and cant seem to get a connection. I try to install the driver with all the cords disconnected, it runs, and then it says...

"The drive is previously preinstalled in advance, please insert new device, and select automatically install in the found new hardware wizard dialog box, etc"

I plug in the USB cord.. and where the "found new hardware" would come up, it says.. "USB Device Not Recognized"

So, it wont let me install the driver, uninstall the driver, and the automatic deal, doesnt work either.... I'm irate.

Problem is, I need it to run on this computer, for a install thats needed, away from home.

HELP NOW!!!!

KC

support won;t be back until Monday - I am sure you have rebooted. The resident Signcut expert is Kimon.

Just for grins download signblazer from usc and try that to see if it connects

support won;t be back until Monday - I am sure you have rebooted. The resident Signcut expert is Kimon.

Just for grins download signblazer from usc and try that to see if it connects

don't sound like its a signcut problem - if the usb devise cant be recognized by the computer signcut cant work.

what does windows call it - a save point - restore point - can you go back and to last good point?

we have had so many problems with windows in different ways same thing happened to us and I had to do a full reinstall it wasn't fun.

It may be as simple as restarting the pc then go to device manager and see what port your plotter is on. sometimes an update will reset usb assignments and the pc reassigns the port number. you have to match the port in the softwware to the one assigned by windows. Don,t try to force the pc to use a particular port there are good reasons why the pc moves the port but the reasons are too numerous to list here.