Sign in to follow this  
midage56

Yes, I am a novice

Dont plan on making my first millon by oh say April but I am a novice about vinyl in the artistic sense and thats why I(a digital artist) am here to ask some question's...All answers are appreciated...What is the proper name for the transfer medium, what the vinyl is adhered to after cutting...Is Ebay a "fair" place to  find vinyl material and this transfer medium....I am already software savy w/ Illustrator. Corel, Vectors and Vexel and am eager to apply what I do to vinyl.....Thank you.... :thumbsup:

Guest manwayvan

I believe you are talking about a "substrate" for as what the vinyl will be adhered to after cutting. Also no go on ebay..Just stick with uscutter for oracal..Great pricing and cheap shipping..thats how ya make a mill-e-on. Welcome to the club and look forward to seeing some of your work..Do you already have a cutter?

if you are talking about what you put over the cut vinyl after cutting and weeding it is transfer tape, the metal,plastic etc. that you apply to is  called substrate . stick with quality vinyl oracal,avery or 3m and quality transfeer tape r tape or something similar it will make your life easier and a better end result.

Dan

Thank you for the insight, no machine yet( 2weeks or so) but have several simple 36" to 48" cutters inmind..I am somewhat familar with 3M products from the days of custom painting surf brd's and creating new designs for sk-brd..Anyway, I will be spending alot more time reading the forums and taking all this in...Have a warm one as it's getting cold again for another freeze weekend... :thumbsup: