Sign in to follow this  
noosh

my application tape doesnt seem to stick!

Hi everyone!!...just a question about application tape. I use transerrite paper tape and have done for a while now without a problem but now and its the same roll, doesnt want to stick to the vinyl to peel the vinyl off to apply to a surface! I end up having to lift the vinyl off myself with tweezers to get it started...its so time consuming if its a detailed design! I have had a customer recently tell me she had terrible time applying a decal to a wall!

I also use Avery 700 series vinyl.

By the way its not like the post above..... I live in australia and store my tape in the house....and its hot here at the moment! :thumbsup: So the cold is not effecting it.

Thanks in advance of any replies!!!

a little lesson,  after you squeegee the transfer tape on the decal real good.   you should peel the backing away from the decal.  NOT peel the decal away from the backing,  works much easier.  Also  I never liked Transferite.  I prefer Conform Rtape or Main perfect tear much better,  I use just a medium tack.  for my decals.  and no problems.  

Thanks Speedoggy!....I will try that way of releasing the vinyl from the backing paper. Seeing that all my decals that I sell are made for the customer to apply to their walls themselves would it be a good idea that once I have place the application tape on that I remove the decal from the backing paper to make sure it will peel away with minimum of fuss to the customer and then squeegee it back on the backing paper to then mail off to the customer. Would doing this effect the effectiveness of the vinyl to stick to a surface?

I sell all my decals for customers to apply also.    I really don't think that is a good idea to take it off and put it back,  just send instructions to peel the backing off the decal, not decal off backing.  Or write it on the back of the decal on the backing paper,.  I do that. But the best way is peeling the backing off the decal.