Sign in to follow this  
sfandm

Question about license plates??? Anyone???

I just got my first job for a license plate, two color on metal, the customer wants the Kanji sign for love in white over a maroon. My questions are these:

What would someone charge for this? Customer lives in another state and offered to pay me $30 including shipping.

Do I go to the edge of the plate with the maroon?

I ordered the 25 from SW, and want to know if they are completely flat, or have a slight curve around the entire edge? If so, should I cut the maroon to start inside the curve and place it on the plate?

Suggestions are very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sonya

The plates from SW are likely flat, with no curve around the edge.

I would go over the edge with the maroon and trim the excess, then apply the white.

$30 including shipping is a damn good price to get for a simple 2 color plate, IMO, depending on how much shipping is.  I'd probably say $25 plus shipping, which might put it slightly above $30.

I go to the edge when I do mine no wrap around. you can put the plate on the vinyl flip it and trim. I normally charge 18.00 for mine but it depends on your area. 18.00 to 35.00 is the going rate here.

I go to the edge when I do mine no wrap around. you can put the plate on the vinyl flip it and trim.

That's a better explanation of what I was trying to say  :rolleyes:

We just paint our plate we get from SW then put vinyl over it. I think it looks alot better and the main color if using vinyl will shrink some and not look to hot after awhile.

Thanks everyone for the fast responses. A :rolleyes: to Spyder, what type of paint do you use? I am assuming it's a spray paint. Which type, if you could share, that would be great.

Thanks again everybody.

Guest manwayvan

Congrats and see if they have any buddies that want to buy them at that price..lol Rate is 20 to 55 here depending on if it is vinyl or routed(anybody know a good way to route out a sign without a cnc setup). Also the plates are flate but watch out because the aluminum and acrylic are actually different sizes. Not much of a difference maybe 3/8 of an inchec but I think the aluminum are actually smaller than the acrylic or vice versa..lol