bentley

Sign Question

I have my first sign job, and have a few questions.

It's for a hair salon and she's not sure if she wants it on the window or on a substrate.

If it's going on the window I would think white would be the color choice.

But if it's going on a white substrate and hung in the window what would be the best color to use as far as being able to

see it clearly? Oh, the sign will be about 2'x3'

Next question. I've read 46 degrees is the low temp to apply vinyl, so I guess I would have to wait till spring to apply to window or put it on the inside?

Also want to give a BIG thank you to Levi for getting my machine on the right track.

I was having a lot of problems with it freezing up like so many of you on here, so I took the forums advise and bought a usb/serial cable.

Installed it ok but it wouldn't work. Talked to Levi and it wouldn't work for him either. Put the usb back in and he got that working

without freezing up. I'm hoping it continues. Thanks again!

Red is the most highly visible color you can use. Especially against a yellow background. Black is good on white. But if it is inside the window the changes in sunlight will make it blend in to the window where it's not that visible. Glad you got your cutter going!

Just a thought Oracal rep said to no apply to the inside of the window as the adhesive is not uv resistant whereas the vinyl is.  you can apply to the outside using Rapidtac 2 down  intot he freezing temps.  on the window I would layer 2 colors  like red over black for the most contrast and to make it pop