Sign in to follow this  
KCR87

MH871 Measurements/Feeding Question?

Hi all

I have a MH-871 cutter, so far it's done everything I've asked it to do flawlessly, wasted some material but heres my question. This cutter states that it cuts up to 30.5" tall x unlimited length.

I have a job I need to do, that calls for a 29" tall graphic. Obviously this will be using a 30" roll

I notice that when the cutting head is in its resting position all the way to the right, the cutting blade appears to be at about 8cm mark on the ruler on the machine.

My question is, is this ruler, the 8cm mark, actually 0" for when I feed through my vinyl? The reason I ask is that, obviously I have 1" of space left over since I am using a 30" wide roll and I cannot afford to waste any of this vinyl. I also am curious about how to set where the cutter starts cutting first. Also I notice on some of them, they go to the center of the graphic and if you dont feed enough vinyl through the front side, it rolls the graphic right out of the rollers and then you just wasted a whole bunch of vinyl.

Does this make sense?

Also, which hole do I need to put the cutting attachement into, the front hole or back hole, to make sure its in accordance with my measurements?  I am using SignCut.

Please help, and thank you if you can!

-KC

I would line the edge of the roll up at 7.5cm. Or you can move it down further and manually set your origin (take the cutter offline and adjust) just inside the vinyl. Hope this helps.

Sorry if I sound retarted, but what is the origin and how do I set it?

I obviously would like the graphic to start cutting right at the point the cutting blade sets at right now (bottom left hand corner of the graphic I am cutting)

If you push the offline button on the cutter, you can use the arrow keys to move the head in different directions. Position it to where you want the cutting to start (origin) and then press the origin button.

One more thing, if your design is long, you might want to use the arrows (while offline) to feed the vinyl back and forth a few feet to make sure it is still on track, since you'll be cutting so close to the edge that there probably wouldn't be any room for error.

ok that makes sense, as far as to where it starts cutting left to right, correct?

my biggest deal is making sure that i fit the 29" on the 30" roll. LOL

I cant afford to waste any.

What I would prefer on all graphics is, for it to start cutting in the bottom left corner of all graphics I'll ever cut... at the position the cutitng blade rests in right now (after you press the reset button)

Start point will be on the bottom right. set the origin as close as possible to the edge after you have runt he desired amount of vinyl thru the cutter to make sure it will track properly for the entire length using the arrow keys - then reset to the start point and go for it

Do you mean running it through VIA using the offline key and using the UP/DOWN arrows the entire length of the vinyl?

How do I ensure that the cutting starts at the bottom right?

How do I know how much to feed through the FRONT side of the cutter?

Yes - pre feed the length of vinyl you will be cutting total to make sure it will track properly, the feed it back thru the cutter to the rear until you reach the front right corner and set the origin point

Let me double check here.

1. Power Machine on

2. Feed roll through the back side, and line it up on both rulers at 7.5cm

3. Hit origin button, use the offline button, and hit the down arrow until I have fed the vinyl all the way through its entire cutting length (am I only using the up and down arrows?)

4. Hit the reset button

5. Cut

1. Power Machine on

2. Feed roll through the back side, and line it up on both rulers at 7.5cm

3.  use the offline button, and hit the down arrow until I have fed the vinyl all the way through its entire cutting length to make sure it is going to track properly.

Press up arrow key to bring vinyl back to the original starting point at the front right of roll, then Hit origin button and cut

thanks man!!! i appreciate it, sorry if those were routine steps, not new to designing, new to cutting!!

you do shirts?

PM me with your prices/etc for shirts, I have a couple designs I was thinking about for this racing season, and you being from Coldwater, Id like to keep the money in this state!! LOL

I'm from Midland area...