Sign in to follow this  
VendettaVinyl

Transfere Paper and Printer?

I went with the Epson Workforce 1100 and JPSS. I suppose I have about $180.00 in it all but seems to work pretty good. I need to play around and do some more testing though.

I have a WorkForce 30 (picked it up for $40 reburb at epson.com)... I only print small transfers with it, so don't need the 1100. But I am running that printer exclusively for printing transfers with the heat transfer fabric ink from http://www.inkjetcarts.us/.

With the regular durabrite ink, I think you have to back off on the yellow... I heard lots of people have problems with the yellow and black when heated. Personally, I can't vouch for it either way, as I never ran the durabrite ink on transfers.

I'm printing everything on JPSS. No issues there.

If your not looking for large format, I use a Dell Color Laser 1320C. They are on sale f0r $249 right now. I paid more unfortunately. But the transfers are great color and durable as heck coimpared to inkjet. I have only tried a couple transfer papers. from Imprintables but am still experimentng on finding the one I like. What I like about laser is the cost per print is WAY less, and you can use it for Sublimation on other stuff too.

I will eventually get wither the WF 1100 o the R1900 Epson, but for now this works great.

Kevin