Sign in to follow this  
TD-443

Pcut noob purchase questions

Please excuse my total noobness, here we go:

I'm looking at purchasing a 24" pcut with stand here soon. If I've done my homework correctly it's the best option for what is in my price range. At first I would like to do vinyl decals and lettering then move onto shirts and other heatpress items. Eventually I would upgrade as funds allow.

1st question: Is the vinyl that you would use to make shirts the same as decal vinyl?

2nd: Will the pcut cut that vinyl if it is different vinyl?

3rd: Contour cutting, what does it do? Benefits?

4th: Im going to cutting decals and lettering and then moving onto shirts as well is the pcut a good option to start off with?

Please excuse my total noobness, here we go:

I'm looking at purchasing a 24" pcut with stand here soon. If I've done my homework correctly it's the best option for what is in my price range. At first I would like to do vinyl decals and lettering then move onto shirts and other heatpress items. Eventually I would upgrade as funds allow.

1st question: Is the vinyl that you would use to make shirts the same as decal vinyl?

2nd: Will the pcut cut that vinyl if it is different vinyl?

3rd: Contour cutting, what does it do? Benefits?

4th: Im going to cutting decals and lettering and then moving onto shirts as well is the pcut a good option to start off with?

The heat press vinyl is different - look for easyweed to start

Yes it will cut the vinyl fine

Contour cutting is to cut around a printed image - p-cut does not do this (there is a work around out there that people use to do it) - laserpoint does it manually and the Graphtecs and Rolands do it automatically (for a much greater price

p-cut great choice for a starter