Sign in to follow this  
tinaski

how many use inkscape Linux

I havent spent much time on this forum but starting to and just wondering if most people here are using Inkscape in Linux or Windows? how far have you been able to go with Inkscape

i have 3 computers -

1 windows dont use anymore

2 linux both have inkscape on them

i use mainly one for most of our designing and we use inkscape cut vinyl in

just wondering can inkscape cut vinyl in windows ver.

WOW. i would have never thought some would use linux.  That is awsome.  :D

i have linux on

PS3

PS2 with 250gb hd

Xbox With 250gb hd

How is linux on the pc any problems.

I have an older computer i was wanting to do it on.

got any pros and cons?

WOW. i would have never thought some would use linux.  That is awsome.  ;)

i have linux on

PS3

PS2 with 250gb hd

Xbox With 250gb hd

How is linux on the pc any problems.

I have an older computer i was wanting to do it on.

got any pros and cons?

it works great - we will never go back to windows

well since this is an inkscape forum i will try keep it in that topic

i havent used inkscape in windows so cant really compare it to windows box but from what i can tell it does everything you can do in a windows box in a linux box.

last week we got cutting vinyl to work in linux wich is a big deal since there isnt an easy way to do that - there is no programs out there at this time that supports vinyl cutting. i got ahold of a guy that has been working on it for a while and we got it to work GREAT

over all linux -- love it so stable - no viruses - no ad ware - easy to use

pros - listed above plus everything is free ----- our bigest pro now is we can cut vinyl in linux in inkscape

cons - learning curve - less aplications - bigest complaint by others its not for gamers but thats why we have xbox and ps2 -

just giving an update

got most of the tweaking done did more testing and love it - very stable and easy to use - i should post a video on you tube on how to do it

if i get to that - were still working on a few things but for now - everything works great

did first job from linux earlier in the week and went better than flexi did sizing was perfect - layering was better than flexi - just build it and print (SET IT AND FORGET IT)

so now im working on making an auto feed for the vinyl little motor and when the vinyl pulls thru the cutter it till turn on the roller motor and the vinyl will not bang and slip

Guest fivestar

Glad to see you're having great success.  I myself have never had a problem with Flexi and my graphtec, as you said set it and forget it.  Not sure exactly what you're wanting to accomplish with the "motor" thing unless you're talking about a "take up reel" which according to people over at signs101 is pretty simple and cheap to make.  Anyways good luck.