Sign in to follow this  
Cutrix

BANNER HELP

This is problably a good one for John but anyone who could help, I would greatly appreciate it'

I'm looking for any kind of video or tutorial on how to make banners. I know I could probably do one but I would really like avideo or lesson that explains the process. I'm kinda wondering how to keep the banner in place while the vinyl is applied. Forgive me if this sounds like a dumb questions but I wanna start doing some banners. I've seen alot of Banner John's work and I would really like to do them also. Thanks alot guys!

I do my banners lying flat on a work table. I do them wet if they have a glossy surface,dry (sometimes) if the surface is not glossy.

I draw lines with a china marker or just a regular pencil (you CAN erase a reg pencil) to make everything straight. When I use a china marker I remove it with a small amount of wd-40 or charcoal lighter fluid on a rag.

I never do any line of text longer than my arms will spread. Often,I do one word at a time. If a line of text is just one big word (example: POPCORN) I do one letter at a time,and I do it wet. This sounds hard but it is really easy and goes fast.

The important thing is getting everything STRAIGHT and properly spaced. I posted a link to my banner supplier yesterday in another post. His banners are ready-made,hems and grommets,13 oz one side glossy,and the best quality,lowest prices I have yet to find anywhere. TIP: Buy at least a lot of 3,maybe 5 to save on shipping. You won;t get stuck with them. Once you do a banner,someone else sees it,wants one,etc:

http://stores.ebay.com/BANNERS-AND-MORE

This guy is honest,reliable, and if anyone can get finished banners for less than .50 cents a square foot,I'd like to know where.

There is a seller who sells on ebay,lots of 4,yellow and white banners.Auction style and they often go for more than they are worth. Beware...they are not what I would call the best quality banners and they roll them individually for shiping which means that when you get them they have folds in them from being mashed flat,which make it hard to work and are almost impossible to remove.

Oh, I never do a banner when I am very tired. You will make a mistake.

any more questions,feel free to ask.

Thanks alot Banner John. It's real nice to be able to get help from professionals in the business like yourself.

I greatly appreciate it.

I do mine on a 3' by 8' folding table. Then I clamp the banner to the table where I can, it keeps it from sliding around and you can buy a good of clamps for under $10 these days.

I usually do mine dry, but that really depends on what way you like best. Also, on "one sided" banners I've never had a problem doing 2 sides on one.

i have found myself using a laser level to shoot a line across my substrate and just use a tape measure at each end to line it up....man I have saved tons of time using this method

for the qwestion haw to apply the venil wet or dry here is one frrom outside america

if u apply in wet somtimes the letters are moving and it takes preshios time til it get dry

.if youle take the dry option somtimes you will get anoying bubells so try to rub just a thin layer of wather with  a rug or a moist  pice of clhote  and then thit the venil until it get fixst

Thanks for all the great tips. I have been working on a banner design for a guy who is starting a softball team. When I am done I will post it to see what you all think.

I've talked to a few who did the wall thing... I don't have a wall that big. Not one that is empty,anyway.