Sign in to follow this  
MX14

roland gx 24 start up package

I'm a newbie to the sign biz. I own a Pool company in Florida  and am interested in doing in house advertising and promotion  for our company . I'm looking for a start up package that would allow us to do vehicle graphics ,yard signage , tee shirts , hat's , tile prints and anything else  that will help us promote our business. We also have a motosport racing team and would like to do custom in house jersey 's , vehicle graphics , stickers, decals and team wear to help promote that too. I want to know about vinyl cutters and using heat transfer vs dye sublimation to print decals on the vinyl and their ease of use ,  finished product durability , diversity of mediums , resolution , versatility etc.    Im pretty sure my order of importance would be to purchase a vinyl cutter first ( I'm leaning towards a roland gx-24 from previous experience with their musical stuff) Ability to  print on the vinyl 2nd and textile printing 3rd. Im looking for A package that would get us up and running with the ability to expand as we progress . I would need everything to get started . With  the slow economy I have more time to dedicate to this and other ventures that this will create.  I currently am working off an apple G 4 computer.  I have a budget of around  $ 3000.00 to get started .  I see that u s cutters has some business packages and really liked the way they put together the vinyl  cutter's and supplies . . Please let me know what your thoughts and recommendations are. Your time and opinion's are greatly appreciated     REGARDS  MX14

roland gx-24 cutter is a great choice, oracal vinyl with app tape to start, easyweed t-shirt vinyl.  on the printing side it gets pretty expensive - about 17000 for a cheap printer - I would recommend a couple of member to do the printing for you to start with  James605 and fivestar come to mind for reasonable eco printing at a great price.  You will also want a good cutting mat, xacto knife and squeegees.  USC has most things you need

Welcome to our family

I agree...I purchased the Roland GX-24 start up package from Imprintables and am very happy I did!  I use Oracal vinyl from USCutter.  Remember to call and talk to the company you plan to order from, you could possibly work out extra savings such as free shipping and vinyl samples!

Just don't buy it from Coastal Business. They do not service anything they sell. I found out the hard way. They will tell you anything you want to hear till they get your money.

greenie