Sign in to follow this  
ppalmernc

OK, Received my 24" PCut

Ok, last Monday I won a bid for the creation pcut 24 for $335. It finally came this past Monday. It did have alot of scratches underneath where the fan is located. I'm hoping that the unit is new, as advertised and not a reconditioned unit.

Got the stand together in about 45 min after figuring out by process of elimination what screws go wear.

Installed all the drivers and Signblazer software about 3 times before the install was successful. I was starting to worry for a minute.

I must admit, even though I had to install & uninstall a few times, getting the cutter up & running was easier than the roland and the graphtec I had in the past.

I haven't had time to cut anything yet but I have done some plotting with the pen tool. Everything seems to be working fine. The cutter reads the commands instantly,,starts plotting right away.

And to be honest, the Signblazer software seems easier to use than Flexi Pro. But I'm sure thats because I'm not a pro.

So all in all, I think the cutter is pretty good and I got a good deal on it. Much better then the $1700 + for those other cutters.

An optical eye to measure the material would have been nice. Also as long as the cutter is on, the fan stays on, that is annoying but I could live with it.

I'll give an update on how the cutter cuts after Thanksgiving.

Thanks

Just curious... what made you purchase a PCUT if you have used other, more expensive cutter in the past?

Again... just curious. I recently purchased one, and don't have complaints as of right now.

It seems that people on other message boards have a real problem with people that purchase cheaper priced cutters... I guess it's like the ol' ford vs. chevy war.

Whats up,

I bought this cutter because it got many good reviews. It just has to cut vinyl and Shirt material, no need for fancy bells and wistles.

It's like a car. I have a 2005 Honda and a 2002 Crysler. Sure I would love to have a Benz, but my older cheaper cars do the same exact thing as the Benz. They get me from point A to point B. I don't see spending 5x the amount of money right now for what I'm doing. Maybe in the future if I grow and get alot more work.

But I must say, after using the Roland and the Graphtec, I'm real comfortable with my choice of this cutter. I finally found the time to cut with it and it works great.

Very quiet, very fast, very easy to use. The control panel is very easy to figure out. SignBlazer seems to be real easy to figure out also.

Although I am having trouble cutting something I made in Corel but it's not a SB issue, it's me not knowing what I'm doing. I think I need to go back into Corel photo to convert my art from bitmap to vector.

The SB software also has a real good help button, explains things in easy to understand terms.

I feel I made a good choice spending $335 instead of $1700 +.

Hope this helped you.

Happy Holidays to all.

I feel I made a good choice spending $335 instead of $1700 +.

Me too!  :huh:

No complaints from mine either!

i just did the same thing. In weighing totals; its not my main sorce of income, bang for the buck- if i have to buy a new p-cut avery 6 mo. i still come out on top. and its not my main sorce of income. simple math bro. besides i havnt found anything this pcut wont do that the roland will?