wwpro

Help to ID this "vinyl"

Hi there

Was watching some thing on Youtube and came across this interesting video, but it fails to show the name of the "adhesive" pressed before the foil

Here's the video, it all happens in the first 30seconds

I've never seen anything like that and I can't find anything on TSF, Specialtymaterials or Imprintables...   

Then again, I'm not sure there is any advantage to that over foil heat press vinyl.  It may have a softer hand, though, probably lower durability though.

Oddly enough I have met the guy in that video!!!!!!!! ASC365.net is a podunk little warehouse packed to the rafters with print/vinyl/shirt supplies in a really crappy part of Toronto (Scarborough).  I was desperate for some vinyl on a saturday and found them on the net and went there to grab it, its one chinese guy in a warehouse, he takes cash for no tax, and no bill (which I like) but in no way is it a high end international conglomerate.

Best I can tell is he brokers stuff for a chinese company, when you type in his web address it redirects you to a bigger company with a subsite for him. here's the address:

http://tdneon.easycgi.com/asc365system/canada/webpage/index.asp

Oddly enough I have met the guy in that video!!!!!!!!

Best I can tell is he brokers stuff for a chinese company, when you type in his web address it redirects you to a bigger company with a subsite for him. here's the address:

http://tdneon.easycgi.com/asc365system/canada/webpage/index.asp

Man, I'd like to see some of the stuff he has on his frontpage, it appears the site is only set up to sell SP crap now, what a mess..

Wonder what he gets for those pad printers, button presses and rotary presses..

Yeah that website is new, he had a real ghetto one up until about 3 months ago, im assuming his chinese supplier upgraded it for him. If you want some prices I can call him, but shipping from Canada will be a bitch with brokering etc.

If you wouldn't mind, PM me his # or email.  I'm not too far from there that it wouldn't make it worth my time to smuggle a press over the border if the price was right.  :rolleyes:

I sent him a question about the other stuff and he stated it would be updated within the next few weeks to show all his other items.

Smokey 1 was a great movie, 2 was ok, 3 sucked big dog..

I was thinking about that foil transfer. I am wondering if the adhesive is something similar to the stuff you use in screen printing in a dried roll form. They do the same thing for heat press. you just apply the clear foil adhesive, dry it then heat press foil over it. But I think it might be reversed. you put the clear everywhere you don't want the foil to stick. Oh who knows lol.

i woul dbe curious about longevity and price but it looks cool.

Kevin