Sign in to follow this  
fireguy

Not very precise

I tried to make a license plate that the letters were outlined. Well it didnt line up to good. plus i had places where it cut jaged and of course it the ends are still not meeting making it night mare to weed. When I am making on outlined word is there a way to keep the back color solid  instead of cutting the small outline and weeding it.

Do not outline but make two letters in different size and cut them separate and later stick on each other.

That is how vinyl layering works.

Welcome in the world where not seems to go you think it should.

Paco

When I am making on outlined word is there a way to keep the back color solid  instead of cutting the small outline and weeding it.

What design software are you using? In SignBlazer you can select your text then use Manipulate + Expand/Outline/Inline. Select the outline option then only the keep original. Keep your offset at 0 and set the thickness to what you like. It will make the outline go behind the text like what you are asking.

Jay

Also when you talk about the ends meeting.......have you dialed in your blade offset and depth?  You get those right, the cuts will meet right up and you won't have those problems anymore.

Also when you talk about the ends meeting.......have you dialed in your blade offset and depth?  You get those right, the cuts will meet right up and you won't have those problems anymore.

+1 - that initial set up is very important - if you don't take the time to set it up initially you will never have good results.  that is why the Rolands and Graphtecs stand out on initial set up they are easier but you pay for it being easier!