Sign in to follow this  
Guest manwayvan

Unable to view Contour Calibration Menu in FlexiPro 8.1

Guest manwayvan

Hello everyone. While trying to setup flexi and my pcut to do manual contours I have encountered an issue in which I cannot locate any help for. I can now rip and print fine but when I try to send the holding job to the cutter it will automatically start to cut the contour instead of bringing up the contour registration calibration menu. I have checked all the options that I could think of but no success. I am able to print,cut,and read the contour but no calibration options of any kind. Any body got any ideas? Thanks

Guest fivestar

Because the Pcut is not recognized as a contour cutter by Flexi.

I'm not sure but the Laserpoint is supposedly a Pcut with the laser pointer, you might be able to use the LP drivers to gain access to this stuff.

Kevin

Guest manwayvan

Thats what I was assuming but is does anyone know a way to change the driver to say "Yes" I am a contour cutter..lol I seen the article on using an LP with flexi and using the PCut driver. However in the flexi help PDF it does mention cutting using a hybrid device and aligning manually so it appears that they have set it up to work with non laserpoint devices just through a manual configuration..ahh i dunno guess ill try some more stuff this evening

I have read somewhere about editing the Driver file but You would have to search for it. I came across it a long time ago. I think on the T-shirt forums.

There was a guy there modifying other cutters driver files to work  on ones that hadn't been added to a program.

UPDATE. out of curiosity I went into the device file of Flexi. it's in the Flexi folder under Output devices, and check the UScutter.CSM file, and the Pcut 24 and the Lp 24 have Exactly the same setting except for registration numbers. I thought maybe the setting would be there for the Contour cut setting. then I found this link

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,11924.0.html  same situation trying to get the lp to work. but I would try using the lp driver first in flexi. Maybe it will turn it on somehow.

Kevin

Guest manwayvan

Hey sarcon, Their is a sticky in the flexi that talks about editing the PCut driver so that the laserpoint will work with contour but it doesnt mention the calibration menu. Just to line up the the 1st registration mark and cut from their. I am gonna look tonight and see if I can mode the driver for the PCut to actually bring up the menu to allow for better registration for the other 3 marks.

what I am curious about is, when that thread was written, there wasn't a laserpoint driver for Flexi, the new driver pack that UScutter put out has it for Flexi and I am using it, The cutter cuts great with it, and the contour cut works in it I think, I am trying to remember if I have ever tried the contour cut feature since I got Flexi. I cannot say for sure that I have. Hmmm,,, New project to check out. LOL

Another update, I just learned that it's not a good idea to edit the UsCutter.csm file while Flexi and the production manager is open. Locks it up tighter than crap LOL.

Kevin

Guest manwayvan

haha thanks Kevin for the update. I have not loaded the uscutter drivers and will check as I noticed last night that when trying to add a different cutter to see if it would work the Laserpoint was not an option so this maybe all the change that I need.

Guest manwayvan

HAHAHAHAHA I am making some head way with modding the driver. I am currently able to get the calibration menu to come up now and allow me to jog the cutter perfectly but I am not having issues with the machine actually doing the contour cut after it saves the reg mark calibration. It will plot just not what I have on the screen and I think it has something to do with the plotter size settings I am using from another driver..I will post my findings as I hope to finish this long issue tonight..lol