Sign in to follow this  
godstrong1

designing question?

I designed a doctor referral slip for a my boss @ my work. She told my give her a invoice for my time. But I don't know what to charge . It took me about 3 hrs to design nothing to fancy just added the company logo and text . How do I charge for somthing like this. Please advise.

Guest manwayvan

I would charge 50 and call it even. I know it took you three hours but you never said what your skill level is. I suck at that stuff so I cannot charge my customers for design time from my own shortcomings. Not saying this is the case with you but just from my perspective

I would charge 50 and call it even. I know it took you three hours but you never said what your skill level is. I suck at that stuff so I cannot charge my customers for design time from my own shortcomings. Not saying this is the case with you but just from my perspective

good advise

That is a conundrum for all non-pro people. It might take us 2-3 hours to design something, but we can't charge for our ineptitude. Someone who has been doing it for a long time and everyday will only take about 30 minutes. So for most design stuff, I just make it a flat $45 design fee.

I took a 4 week break from before Christmas till a couple weeks ago. I didn't design that whole time. I got a decal job last week and it took me 2 hours to do the design work, when before It only took me 30-45 minutes. I spent most of my time trying to remember where the tools were to do what I wanted. Now a week later, I am back up to my normal speed.

Kevin