Sign in to follow this  
KCR87

How to...

Hi,

I am fairly new to the cutting aspect of things. I recently, have volunteered myself to make a graphic for a side of a racecar. The problem is, my cutter is a 34" MH871, and the maximum cutting width on it is 30.5". I am aware of this.

I have cut out many things but they were just for fun, and nothing serious. I have never really understood how to load the vinyl into the back of it to make sure I use LEAST amount of vinyl as possible. It seems like it just starts cutting at a random spot. I notice that the cutters blade when its all the way to the right in its "resting" spot, is about 3.25" to the left of 0 on the ruler thats on the cutter.

I am using SignCut to cut out the graphics

How do I load the vinyl into the cutter and ensure it will fit, both vertically and horizontally. For instrance if I had a 30x30" piece of vinyl and my graphic was 29x29, how do I load it in the back of the cutter, to make sure it uses all 29" and not cutting off the vinyl if that makes sense?

Thanks.

-KC

You will need to set your origin, and in cutter setup set your vinyl size this will let the cutter cut only to the size vinyl you have installed. Your manual will show how to set orgin .

Dan

First,

take a good look on the front and back of your mh871, you will se two rules.

place the border of the vinyl on 7,5cm from right to left in the front and back rules, it will be where the mh871 will start cutting.

For stickers ass big as an A4 sheet, I always use the weed option, it makes the peeling job easier.

I hope I've helped a little.

Mauricio.

That does help out, the blade starts cutting at 7.5cm then huh. I was like man, it would make a lot more sense if these rulers didnt have any numbers until they were to where the blade starts.