Sign in to follow this  
marcsby

serial to usb adapter for Windows 7

I am looking to buy a new computer.I need to buy a serial to usb adapter.I think I would like to try the new Windows 7. Any ideas,Good or Bad,will I have

plotter problems with Windows 7 ?  Thanks,  Mark

Im using windows 7 and a Gigaware adapter from Radioshack (about $40). It make that usb port its own COM port, but it is listed and USB to Serial Adapter. It seems to be working fine with my computer and Ioline studio 8 cutter. I asked about this on this forum before and got answers..

Also windows 7 found the hardware for it online, didn't even have to use the CD that came with it. Just have to watch out which USB you put it into if you are changing it, each USB port on my laptop has a different COM number when the adapter is plugged into that USB

I am looking to buy a new computer.I need to buy a serial to usb adapter.I think I would like to try the new Windows 7. Any ideas,Good or Bad,will I have

plotter problems with Windows 7 ?  Thanks,  Mark

just do a search.... windows 7 

Thanks for your help.I bought me a new Computer today w/ Windows7.Thanks to every one for the great input and answers to all of my newbie questions.

Mark