Sign in to follow this  
TexasMom

Will SignBlazer work with Summa?

I was just given a used SummaSign Pro T750 (lucky me!!).

I was using a Pcut with Artcut 2009 software.

The T750 isn't listed in Artcut as a cutter choice so I thought I'd try SignBlazer that people here often recommend.  However, I don't see any Summa's on the cutter list. 

Any ideas?  If I have to, I'll buy new software but since this is a used cutter I want to make sure it's working OK before I invest any money in it.

Oh, once I figure out the driver problem I'll have another question.  The parallel port size is different on the Summa than it was on my pcut.  They look very similar but there's a slight size difference.  The Summa came with a serial cable. I have a "USB-A to Serial Cable" and would like to be able to use it so I can cut from my laptop that only has USB ports.  So will the set up be a serial port (com1, lpt, ?) or a USB port setting?  I hope this even makes sense.

Thank you very much for any help you can give me!!

You should be able to use it with your Summa if you install the Patch that removes the Trial nag. It also installs additional machine drivers.

Here is a link to the patch posted a while back by DeonCarpenter:

http://216.71.75.104/ags/SBE_update_plus_patch.zip

Your virus software may say it is a virus but it is safe. I have used it multiple times.

Jay

Thank you Jay!!!

The patch worked just fine and now my cutter is listed on the setup menu for SB.

However, I still can't get it to communicate with my cutter.  I'm not sure which output device to choose.  I've tried USB001 and Blazer.Com1 and Blazer.lpt1 and none work.  The cable on the machine is a serial cable and it is connected to the USB port on my computer using a USB to serial converter cable.

Any suggestion?

Thank again!!