Sign in to follow this  
wasatchcars

A frame sign pricing

I am doing 1 of those white plastic A Frames that the 18X24 coroplastic goes on

Graphics are just basic stuff the A Frame its self will cost me $50 I am thinking $99 for the finished sign.

What would you guys be at on this?

$121 1 sided A frame 1 color

$142 2 sided A frame 1 color

I'd add a little extra because you will need to put velcro on the backs of the signs or double sided tape to attach them for portability.

Deff double the A frame material cost then go from there.

If you are paying $50.00 (shipping included?)for the A frame you need to Mark Up that cost to the customer.

If you were doing just a Coroplast 18"x24" sign for example, you buy them by bulk at say a $1.00 each, well you have a Mark Up on that Coroplast of say 50-80% added on to the customer. So that 18"x24"  that you paid $1.00 for you mark it Up to $1.50- $1.80 for a Single Sign.

Same goes for the supplied "H" wire Stepstake add a 50-80% Mark Up on that too.

So if your A Frame at $50.00 Includes the shipping and or gas/time to go get it locally you should be charging say a 50% Mark Up on the A Frame alone, so $75.00 for it is pretty standard retail mark up. Now if you find you can buy 5-10 A Frames at one time for Less then $50.00, your mark up is based on your cost for buying several at one time.

Saving both you and your customer.

A Coke for Example at a fast food place the BIG one costs them about 7 Cents, you pay at least a Buck or more.

Mens Clothing- they have a 100% Mark Up, The store buys that shirt at $10.00 and sells it to you for $20.00.

Womans Clothing has a 200-300% Mark Up.

So even when they are having a blow out Sale, all they are losing is a larger Profit Margin.

And they Must have these annual sales to get the left over older stock OUT the door to make Room for the new stock coming in.

Clothing stores buy a year in advance.

Same with the Sign Shop you buy this stuff in bulk, at a discount, wholesale, and store it until needed, you sell them at a Profit , Not at your cost.

No matter what retail store you go into EVERYTHING in it thats for sale has a Mark Up cost, thats the only way you can stay in business. Even places like SAMS club has a Mark Up, they buy in Bulk, Wholesale, and pass the Bulk Retail, pricing onto you, Not their Wholesale price.

A Frame               -$50.00

18"x24" Coroplast -$1.00

Your Cost so far= $51.00

Now Add the cost of the Vinyl, PLUS its Mark Up, and the cost of your Labor, do you have a Shop labor cost per hour figured out?

at $99.00 bucks your charging $48.00

You did not mention it but are you doing BOTH sides?

If so now your getting even Less. $24.00 per sign not counting the other coroplast.

Break your Estimates down to include everything

A Frame=$75.00- $100.00

2- 18"x24" Coroplast Blanks $1.50 Each = $3.00

Design Time @ Shop Rate of_ _ = ?

Materials Used Vinyl- ?

Labor Rate=

Break it all down and the customer can see what is costing what, and not just a total and see that the actual sign in not the total cost.

I found this doing a search for a vinyl sign estimating sheet to show a breakdown sheet but couldn't find one posted.

This is from 2006. So it is already 4 years OLD. It may help to see it tho. See how your pricing compares.

http://www.signsbygeorge.com/estimatesheet.pdf

Another thing you can do is Call 2-3 local sign shops and ask for a quote, tell them you want an A Frame and with what you need on it even down to the fonts you plan on using.

And see how you compare.  :thumbsup:

I have a Book on order How to Estimate & Price Signs I hope it is helpful and I keep reading up on actual sign shop pricing to educate myself.

Thanks for the input

The A frame is $50 I pick it up at my local supplier but never thaught to charge for that so now in at $75 for the Aframe and $24 for each 18X24 total $123