kkappy

Good vinyl for business shirts?

Hello!  What is a good vinyl that looks good on a polo OR a girls button down top?  Does anything look like embroider?

I've used plenty of easy weed and flock.

Thanks

Kim

I use Eco-film from imprintableswarehouse.com  on ALL my shirts.  Siser is about the only brand I have not tried.  However, you will get 5 different people give you 5 different answers.  But everybody here will give you good input......Just try using what you currently use and see how it goes.  Not sure if anything looks like embroidery except embroidery itself.  I DO sometimes sub that out when I have a customer that desires it.......

Guest sciondrgn

Spectra Eco-Film is Re branded Siser Easy weed after using both I can tell no difference.

I was ordering from imprintables but after to many billing mess ups and long shipping times I started ordering from Specialty graphics and getting Siser Easy Weed.

I used Easy Weed on a Gildan polo with no problems

Spectra Eco-Film is Re branded Siser Easy weed after using both I can tell no difference.

I was ordering from imprintables but after to many billing mess ups and long shipping times I started ordering from Specialty graphics and getting Siser Easy Weed.

I used Easy Weed on a Gildan polo with no problems

Ditto.

Guest fivestar

Any brand that works on t-shirts will work on polos.  I personally use Multicut and Thermoflex, but have used Siser's Easy Weed which is the exact same as Eco Film.

SO.......If EZ Weed and Eco are one-in-the-same, does that mean I can layer the EZ Weed with the Sub-stop from imprintables?.  I usually put the substop down first on the motocross jerseys, to stop the bleed through. 

SO.......If EZ Weed and Eco are one-in-the-same, does that mean I can layer the EZ Weed with the Sub-stop from imprintables?.  I usually put the substop down first on the motocross jerseys, to stop the bleed through. 

The only sub-stop vinyl I see on Siser's site (http://www.siserna.com/sublimation.asp) is a print/cut material.  So, it's possible that it is made by a different company that the Eco-Film, which is without-a-doubt Siser.

Do you use this: http://www.imprintables.com/index.cfm?CFID=13455271&CFTOKEN=d609ad3cc13e0a88-8B767903-1D09-644B-F2095ACAA3F2ECA8&jsessionid=6430693bd472321552f2&fuseaction=dspItem&itemID=1208&catID=7&subCatID=0?

And then layer a different color of Eco-film over the top?  If so, you should be fine putting Siser over the top of it.

I have a one-off camo shirt coming this week that had special instructions on the site for screenprinting to combat dye migration...  I really hope I don't need sub-stop vinyl.. 

Guest sciondrgn

Should be ok, I've pressed dual layer eco and siser. Im sure the sub stop is not made by siser,  Imprintables re-brands everything so its like there own so no telling where it came from.

Best thing to do would be try a scrap cut on some of the material and see how it bonds.

Here is the official word from Kathryn at Siser......

1.  Siser EZ Weed and Eco-film are one in the same, just marketed as 2 different brands.

2.  Imprintableswarehouse.com also has their own EZ weed, but is not related in any way to the types above.  

3.  imprintables sub-stop is not the same as the sub stuff from Siser, which is being discontinued as we speak.  

4.  Siser

Guest fivestar

1.  Siser EZ Weed and Eco-film are one in the same, just marketed as 2 different brands.

I have told you guys from yrs. they was the same.  ;D  Now I'm "almost" a 100% sure Thermoflex Plus and Multicut from Joto Paper are the same too.  I've just never got confirmation on that.  But they both seem to be identical.

I have told you guys from yrs. they was the same.   ;D  Now I'm "almost" a 100% sure Thermoflex Plus and Multicut from Joto Paper are the same too.  I've just never got confirmation on that.  But they both seem to be identical.

I'd be very interested in this too..  Everyone always talks about how Joto is great, but they don't have any distributors and the cost is higher than Tflex.

well how how come when i press easy weed, it has a Glossy finish, but eco film has a Matte finish? uh, can somebody explain that to me? make me understand, then i will believe. BTW, hell who is kathyrn? what is her position? doesn't it seem strange for her to reveal that kind of info, knowing she could be fired?

Guest sciondrgn

well how how come when i press easy weed, it has a Glossy finish, but eco film has a Matte finish? uh, can somebody explain that to me? make me understand, then i will believe. BTW, hell who is kathyrn? what is her position? doesn't it seem strange for her to reveal that kind of info, knowing she could be fired?

I have the same finish when I press mine..  I did a 3 color layered,  2 was Eco and the last layer Easy Weed and they all looked matte finish to me

Guest fivestar

I have the same finish when I press mine..  I did a 3 color layered,  2 was Eco and the last layer Easy Weed and they all looked matte finish to me

Yup same here.  They looked identical.

umm, ok,now see yall (FIVE) especially lol knew i was gon have something to say. hehe

but they don't even have the same backing. eco film backing is stronger than easy weed.

i'm just gonna have to get somebody to send me another sample of it so i can compare it again cuz i know i ain't CRAZY.

and eco has more colors than easy weed. ;D

Guest fivestar

umm, ok,now see yall (FIVE) especially lol knew i was gon have something to say. hehe

but they don't even have the same backing. eco film backing is stronger than easy weed.

i'm just gonna have to get somebody to send me another sample of it so i can compare it again cuz i know i ain't CRAZY.

and eco has more colors than easy weed. ;D

Girl I love to get you "fired up".  You're gonna have to make a trip up to Ohio.

Re-branded items don't necessarily mean they are exactly the same products as a whole. I worked for a Water Softener company , Ecowater, I toured their plant in Minneapolis while on a training trip, and right in the middle of the plant was a section dedicated to making Kenmore Water softeners. They still used a lot of Ecowater parts, but the Kenmore machines were completely different overall. As far As Siser and Eco Film. they may be the very same vinyl, but when imprintables has it made at the factory they may have specified a different backing, their own colors pallette etc. So it may very well be the exact same vinyl with different properties.

Oh and BTW as far as Polos go.I  will tell you from experience, Try to use block style lettering, sans serif. The little tails tend to peal up after numerous washings from the courser fabric of the polos. The rest of the letters are stuck like a rock, but just little bitty tails may come loose. Doesn't happen every time but it can.

Kevin

Here is her info straight off the Siser website, feel free to contact her, that's what I did, she even sent me an email back......

East Region Sales Manager & Tech Support

Katheen Servais

kathleen.servais@siserna.com

(440) 665-5576