Sign in to follow this  
Vince

? about adding fonts to inkscape

How do you go about adding fonts to inkscape.  I have a program(disk) with 1000's of fonts and would like to add them so I can use them in inkscape.  If I use the program it will add the font to the pc's font folder but it doesnt and wont add it to inkscape.  Is there a way to manually add the fonts that I would like to use?  Im very new to this so this may be a dumb question but thanks for the replies.  Vince

This is from the InkScape FAQ page on the web. Check to see what version of InkScape you are using for the proper information.:

Inkscape does not see some of the fonts (Windows)

This was a bug in versions of Inkscape up to 0.43, caused by using an obsolete font cache. This cache is stored in the file called .fonts.cache-1. This file may be in your Windows folder, or in your Temp folder, or in "My documents" folder, or in the folder listed in the $HOME environment variable. Use file search by name to locate this file. Then simply delete this file and restart Inkscape; now it will see the new fonts.

If you are using 0.44 or 0.45 then OpenType/PostScript and Type1 fonts are not supported (this is a side-effect of the method used to fix the previous bug).

This issues with OpenType/PostScript and Type 1 fonts have been fixed in Inkscape 0.46.

Windows internally supports several different types of font:

Thanks for the reply.  I added 20 more fonts off the same disk and everything went fine.  Only the one font that I tried first still doesn't work(I guess there is something wrong with it and it just happened to be the one i was trying to use to see if I was doing it right before adding others).  Thanks again appreciate the help.  Vince