Sign in to follow this  
gurs24

cotton/polyester heat temp.?

Hi I am quite new at this. not my first item, but a new one. I have a cotton/polyester zip up shirt and i would like

to heat press a picture on the right front side. I am afraid that I may smash the fleece type fabric. Could some one

please tell me the temperature of the heat press to assure I do not ruin the shirt. Thanks for your help in advance :)

What is the percentage of cotton/poly?  50%/50%?  You are going to need to use the manufacturers specs of the vinyl to get best results.  If the temp or dwell time is too long for the fabric, you are kinda screwed.  Try a small inconspicuous area first.

What is the percentage of cotton/poly?  50%/50%?   You are going to need to use the manufacturers specs of the vinyl to get best results.  If the temp or dwell time is too long for the fabric, you are kinda screwed.  Try a small inconspicuous area first.

This would be my advice as well. Check the directions on the material and do several tests to see what exact heat works best for you.

80 % cotton 20% polyester   its kinda fuzzy stuff.

thanks for the reply

I would do a small test area.  It will probably leave a press mark, but it should go away if you rub it or spritz it with some water.